Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 26 March 2013

"They would taste better if my throat didn't hurt"

Kieran has pharyngitis ! Much like tonsillitis but without the gucky stuff. He has been swabbed for strep throat but we need to wait and see.
I had half a day off today and will take the entire day off tomorrow. I have run out of sick leave. No pay now for days off.
Maybe I should move to Finland. A friend told me that they get up to 4 days off per child per illness.
What a dream that sounds.

I came home and made sweet corn fritters and Kieran liked them but said "they would taste better if my throat didn't hurt."

3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
440g can cream style corn
Oil
Black pepper

Sift flour, baking powder , salt and pepper together.
Add egg and mix to combine.
Stir in sweet corn.
Heat oil in pan and drop spoonfuls of mixture.
Cook until golden on both sides.
Serve hot.

Goes perfectly with homemade peach chutney and lettuce from the garden!

And the next new rose in the garden :)

What can I do tomorrow? Perhaps an entire day of scrapbooking?,??





1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear Kieran is poorly, hope he is feeling better very soon, scrap booking sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete