Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Saturday 24 January 2015

Chocolate Weetbix slice - one for the school lunchboxes

I grew up with this chocolate weetbix slice and the boys love it in their lunchboxes. (They all make their own lunches these days - I have a variety of things available/baked and they do the rest).




Chocolate Weetbix Slice



oven to 180 deg c



180g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup dessicated coconut
3 weetbix crushed
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa



melt butter and add vanilla.
combine dry ingrdients in a bowl. Pour in butter and mix well.
Press mixture into a lined slice tin and bake fro 15-20 minutes until firm.
Allow to cool.
Then ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with either coconut or hundreds and thousands.
Once cool, cut and store in an aritight container.

Enjoy!



Enjoyed with a lovely cup of Darvilles of Windsor (England) English breakfast tea sent to me by Penny. I am pretty sure the sweet mat was part of the huge daily Christmas gift swap of 2013 sent to me by Elaina.



PS - I am still not coping with this hideous heat/ humidity and sunshine day after day BUT it is great for the mountains of laundry being dried outside - especially with a child with blood noses!

9 comments:

  1. hi Kimberly thankyou for sharing your slice recipe,hope you have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognise the linen. Glad you love it. Is the cup and saucer from our day out? Will try this slice, I know the kids will love it. I thought it was going to have Weetbix in it! Happy long weekend to you xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think cup and saucer from your Sallies :) . DUH - YES - missed out weetbix - edited now. Study brain mush! Happy weekend too - all I am doing is study and knitting :)

      Delete
    2. Ha, ha! Just seen the edit and have written it down to try tomorrow when I bake for the school lunches xo

      Delete
  3. This sounds delish! So no Weetbix in it? I seldom complain about the weather (you can't change it right?) but I'm so over this heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DUH - edited to add the main ingredient. (study brain mush!) I am always complaining about the weather (heat!)

      Delete
  4. Nice to know you are enjoying your tea! Funny how a hot drink can be cooling drink on a hot day X

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds delicious, I'll give it a try x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolute favourite of mine for school lunches !! !! !!
    And YES lets organise that catch up .. .. .. What were you thinking

    ReplyDelete