Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Monday 28 December 2015

Christmas shots
















Very low key Christmas here. Tree decorated on December 24... I was still doing some shopping on December 24 in the city which was fab as it was half empty (well Unity Books was packed with good people buying piles of good books like me ;) ).

Actually I kinda think I like how things panned out - I didn't spend weeks dealing with Christmas stuff at all; I thought carefully about what I bought (basically the boys got something to eat/wear/read/need/want - so a tee, sneakers, headphones, a book and food for one; a running shirt, sneakers, a book and food for the other and the other wanted record vouchers, food and a book - and that really was it. They are happy. None of them are into piles of stuff). None of the adults in both of our families buy anything for any other adult either. My 4 NZ nieces and nephews got a pile of books from me. Simple. Done. Easy!

All we had to do for Christmas Day was take roast veges - done lickedty split :).

Most laid back Christmas ever. I do love all my hand made decorations on the tree. I received some fab things - will do a little show another day. And was whisked off into the city for a night at a gorgeous art deco hotel.

Now it is just fighting the heat, reading books, writing letters, getting frustrated with knitting, doing laundry, copious cups of tea, seeing if the teens are still alive in their caves - relaxing in days of limbo really!I adore the new huge teacup from my parents for my birthday (which I just got).

Happy days between Christmas and New Year.

6 comments:

  1. Hey now that sounds like a pretty groovy sort of Christmas. Nice and laid back. Hate all the mad carry on at Christmas time. Good on ya,
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fighting the heat at Christmas time sounds particularly good! Glad you had a good time. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely and relaxed time! Bliss! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree!! Most of my ornaments are homemade :) looks like you had a very merry christmas and that your boys were happy with their gifts. I still have my son visiting for another week and then he goes back to grad school in Boston. Then I'll be left with an empty house!! Loved "meeting" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have this relaxing down to a fine art if your Christmas is anything to go by. We are lucky too that's its only us to buy for really, I buy for my Nan and my nephew but one gets money and the other one whisky, I'll let you decide who gets what!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely relaxed Christmas! X

    ReplyDelete