Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Saturday 23 January 2016

over the heat

it is an absolute scorcher today and I'm over the heat. We do have an air-con unit in the lounge, but I've all the windows and doors open as I love fresh air, so I suffer. It takes about 5 minutes to get sunburnt here, which is long enough to hang washing outside. I've done so much laundry over the past few days, but there is nothing better than lined dry laundry all year round. Even if it is 8 degrees in winter, out it goes either on the clothesline or a clothes horse on the deck. I hate using the clothes drier or hanging it all through the house to take days to dry...
The poor rabbit gets moved around in the shade.








I went to the smallish IKEA in Hong Kong - did not find out there was an IKEA till months after booking and hee hee - we could easily walk there from the hotel. Fate I reckon!  The rest of the family were good and humoured me, but I think I used my luck up trying to find a new duvet cover, so did not come home with one of those. Just kitchen linen and a new mug for me this time.



Right off to see Neil Finn and the Topp Twins in the city at a free summer concert. Whoop.

5 comments:

  1. I don't cope well with heat at all Kimberley, so would really struggle in your climate! It does make for some very pretty photographs though, everything looks so bright, clean and fresh. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberley...I have to say I like nothing better than getting the washing out on the line but I'm afraid it would never dry here at the moment...too wet, cold or frosty. I'm not too good with hot weather either, much prefer Autumn and Spring...I don't even cope in our summer climate to be truthful but I do like some sunshine. I really must take a trip to IKEA...haven't been for ages. I hope you enjoyed your summer concert. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too wet here still, couldn't get to the clothes line without wellies due to the mud!!! Loved the postcard xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold wet & damp here but I do enjoy seeing your sunny photos x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do have some great things at Ikea don't they! It was so lovely to see your sunshine today, it is grey and dull here, not wet thank goodness, but no sun either! Yours was a real joy! xx

    ReplyDelete