Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Friday 4 March 2016

Five on Friday


Joining in with Amy for Five on Friday.

A cute heart and a Marshmallow melt from a penfriend - the heart was sewn by her very clever daughter! I have never seen these marshmallow melts before and this was the 2nd one I had received from the UK - saving for winter.

Laundry - we had 4 days of rain. It was glorious. Some washing sat on the clothesline for days trying to get dry. I HATE using a clothes drier and putting clothing inside to dry on racks). I finally sorted this all out last night - must have ironed for over an hour. Lots of the ironing has sat here for weeks, as I will not iron in this humidity.

Sunset tonight.

Chocolate chip bikkies (bit flat) and also a new recipe - peanut butter and date balls -
Blitz in the food processor 1/2 cup of peanut butter; a cup coconut; 1 tablespoon honey and 10 dates until smooth-ish. Roll into balls and then roll in  bit more coconut. Eat. Yummy. I've been keeping them in the fridge.

I've been sorting out my bookcases. This is the main one. The book situation is out of control...
(170 new books already bought, covered and out for students at school! Few schools would beat this a month into the new school year :)  ).


7 comments:

  1. Could you come and sort MY bookcases out, please? I have so many books it's ridiculous and I know I'll never read half of them ever again, but the problem is - which half?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this post. My bookshelves need sorted too, I think I need to just take a deep breath and start, but then I'm so good at procrastination:) The marshmallow melts look so interesting, I must keep an eye out for them, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use some help sorting out books, my real problem is despite not wanting to read them again I don't want to let go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although it hasn't helped your laundry I hope that the rain has perhaps bought some cooler temperatures for you. Good luck with the book sorting, quite a task! Thank you for sharing at Five On Friday, hope you have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like hanging my clothes outside too, they smell so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to hang the clothes outside. Makes me feel better and happier somehow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laundry, yuch. I don't have a clothesline, so in the dryer they go. But you're a better person for ironing! I refuse to iron. As for books, I'm to the point that I only keep favorite books and I give away the others after I've read them. Or I read them on kindle or from the library so I don't have to worry about accumulating them.

    ReplyDelete