Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 1 March 2016

One of my favourite knitted hats

I love this hat. A plain hat started on Sunday morning while travelling around Central Otago a month ago and finished that night in the Dunedin airport terminal while my Jetstar flight was delayed for hours.. (I never have any joy with them!).
I adore the wool - one ball at $11.90 was enough for the hat. I used this pattern and bought the wool the afternoon before from the delightful Stitching Post in Arrowtown. It is Knitcol and shade 72. I bought another identical ball too but can not find it at the moment... I even taught myself the little stalk bit (for the life of me I cannot remember what it is called in knitting terms!!)

Arrowtown is a delightful little old gold digging town - it was very pleasant after the zoo atmosphere at Queenstown (where I lasted an hour and fled! Too many tourists, no room on the footpaths to walk, parking a nightmare - geez I'm too old! I was gobsmacked at the phenominal growth of the town since my last visit! I saw zero children anywhere in the township, which was weird and was just plain freaked out at the busyness. I know, I know, that it is the jewel in the crown of our tourism industry and it is stunningly beautiful! Just not for me that afternoon!!!). The photos are of Arrowtown - not a huge town, but so pretty and with plenty to see/take photos of. The autumnal colours are meant to be spectacular here!

I think these hats might be a quick, cheap go to knit to whip up for gifts too.



















3 comments:

  1. Love the yarn! it is very very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful yarn!! and such a lovely hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hat and what a cute little town. Don't forget to use my contact form to send me your address for your Giveaway prize.xx

    ReplyDelete