Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Saturday 24 June 2017

Slow weekend

It's 11.59am on a Saturday morning. I just dragged myself out of bed half an hour ago. I'm now back on it, cosy blanket over my lap, with my sock. knitting. The weather is pretty average, so maybe I'll sit here all day long and have a knit feast!!

The eldest is running around Melbourne, Australia for a decent amount of time after finishing semester one university exams (the first big overseas trip by himself - he is with a mate - he knows Melbourne backwards and will be doing some work at the business there too); the 13 year old is still asleep, and I know the 16 year old is awake, but i haven't spotted him yet. Soccer was postponed this morning due to a closed field.

I had a fabulous Thursday - my first without study! I knocked off little things like taking things to the op shop (4 trips to the car!), sorting out 2 chairs for the upholesterer, clothing bin drop off, butchery, cleaning shower doors, multiple loads of laundry, getting photos sorted to be printed, cleaned surfaces (oh the surfaces and the laundry on couches - pile gone now!) ... all the stuff which I have been meaning to do for months! I've written a to do list - it is substantial!

Here's to a slow weekend (and a walk through a new road tunnel before the cars enter... i think this tunnel is about to make my journey to work v-e-r-y miserable due to new on-ramp lights and I'll be sitting forever waiting to get ON to the motorway... good way to clog up suburban streets....)







3 comments:

  1. I think you owe yourself a lazy Saturday morning in bed with your sock knitting after all the work and studying you've just completed. Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of your lazy Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. slow weekends are the best kind of weekends, I'm a home body so if I'm home I'm the happiest :)

    ReplyDelete