Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Monday 3 July 2017

sock wool blanket obsessed



A week and a half ago I picked up my sock wool blanket again. Till then, I had knitted about 20 squares by themselves. When I sat down again to resume the blanket, I decided that I had to get my brain in gear and figure out how to knit the squares together! It took quite a while - hee hee - but I am now on a roll and can figure out how to do it no matter where I am on the blanket!
I've knitted even more than this now - the photos show the weekend effort - not much else got done in our very wintery and wet weather!
It is very addictive figuring out which colour to place where next. The school hols are at the end of this week, so I'll have plenty of time to add to it, with plenty of wool to keep me going!
The pattern on Ravelry is "Memory Blanket" by Georgie Nicolson. I am knitting with 2.75mm needles and cast on 30 stitches.

4 comments:

  1. A great way to use up those scraps. My mum used to make these. Maybe I should do one for a change instead of crocheting all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I love having a scrappy blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you are obsessed, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful wholesale blankets.!! We were on the Island last summer and I totally missed this lovely mill. Next time!

    ReplyDelete