Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Saturday 23 September 2017

Sigh.

It's polling day today. This is an election which I think has totally split the country in half. It could go either way. All I know is that I'm totally sick of the poverty, third world rates of disease, over crowding, low wages, an education system letting 20-30% of students down, houses being an average of $1 million in Auckland, high food costs etc.
It is basically (and I'm being frank) voting for social justice and caring for everyone in the country or voting for selfish reasons. I'm quite happy if my children want to leave New Zealand and never return. I feel sorry for many children growing up in a country which has one of the highest levels of inequality in the OECD.
Too many New Zealanders have their heads buried in the sand over social issues. We have a hospital system that is struggling to cope and one of the highest rates of suicide and mental health issues in the entire world.
I'm sick and tired every day of seeing poverty in a community doing the best they can do with the little they have. Wages can not cover basic things now.
Any way I'm going to be very depressed for weeks, as I'm pretty certain it won't go the way I want it to
.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I know how you feel and hope a bit of crafting combined with Spring will cheer you up a little xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally empathise with you. There's been some very close run elections over the past year with some unexpected results too.

    ReplyDelete