Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Monday 11 December 2017

summer heat slump

Oh my gosh people! The summer heat (which we've been told is February heat in the beginning of December!) is not fun for me. I've just been bra shopping as I'm icky and sticky each and every day at the moment! The washing (laundry) gets dry dead fast outside, especially when I put it out at 10pm at night and dry by mid morning the next day!

* NEWSFLASH * - look at THIS A+ for my recent university paper (Educational Psychology). I stayed the top in the class! I tell you people - leaving my job *was* a good thing! See what I can do when I don't have the stress of a job to deal with too. Actually the A and A- grades were also from this year too. I can finally graduate with my first degree! The 19 year old called me totally irresponsible when I took a trip to Australia 2 weeks before my exam too - ha! I actually did study at night and 5.30am (3 hours behind NZ, hence waking up then, with my body thinking it is 8.30am!)





I finished my Gingerbread! I am so thrilled with it. I love the cuffs and body border! It wasn't hard at all. I tell you it was getting to be quite a trial knitting in this heat! The cousin and I finished our 3 month craft finish challenge last night - I'll have to do a round up. I'm thrilled at the pile of things I finished - some had been sitting around for over a year!



This is the view from my bed.... it's a fulltime job keeping everything hydrated outside in this heat!






Off to do some stitching. I've actually done some Christmas shopping too - hallelujah!


3 comments:

  1. I might have to come visit you. :) We are also having February weather in December - except it's winter here. The temperatures are going to struggle to climb above freezing every day this week. I shouldn't complain though - it's excellent knitting weather. Speaking of knitting, your sweater is beautiful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your exam marks Kimberley.
    And I love the sweater, those cuffs and bottom band are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL sweater! Just my taste.

    ReplyDelete