Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Tracing patterns

I've taught myself another new skill - tracing sewing patterns. A few months ago I bought myself these two books from the Book Depository - really, really good value with multiple patterns in them.

Yesterday I spent a few hours with an aunt learning how to trace patterns - quite tricky at times with multiple patterns over layering each other! I traced four for a start and today I made my first thing - a smock.

 I used some japanese lawn from Spotlight. The pattern instructions were very easy to follow and to sew - the sleeves did come out longer than what was in the picture above. I might make another one with shorter sleeves! It is so fabulous to have an overlocker too (my Mother's Day gift earlier this year). I might wear this on Christmas Day! I really do love the fabric. It would be a good thing over jeans too I think.


 This makes me look short - which I am! Such is life! I do love it and think it'll get a fair bit of wear. I wonder what I'll make tomorrow?

2 comments:

  1. Fab, I like the smock. There is probably a line on the sleeve pattern to shorten/lengthen but I am sure you could shorten the sleeves in this first smock easily by removing an inch or two from the end. Pattern tracing can be time consuming and frustrating. I am a pdf pattern girl myself, prefer the sticking over tracing. Have fun sewing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty fabric. You've made a great job of it.

    ReplyDelete