Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 23 January 2018

oh the heat (humidity)

It just goes on and on like this...

http://www.metservice.com/towns-cities/auckland/auckland-central#!/ten-day

Today, at university, I found a group of 5 other good women! All 6 of us are basically peri-menopausal - we sat around and moaned about the heat, with the sweat clinging to our clothing and wet patches - it really was hilarious in our (very un-normal 2.5 hour) break! I'm so glad I've found a great group who identify with me, but we've been split into smaller workshop groups, so unless we can find each other at lunch or in the lecture theatre with 140 others... There are lots of old people at university! My campus is only for education and social work.

The humidity and the struggle is real people and NO - OF COURSE - there are no fans to be found in the multiple shops I've trawled through late this afternoon.

There is a pool at uni, but we've been told that it is now only open an hour a week and we have to have a lifeguard watch over us. We're not sure if they were joking or not about the hour opening a week or the lifeguard... but man, we so did want to break all the rules today and just go and jump in it!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're settling in well, such an exciting time at the start of something new and meeting new people too. The humidity doesn't sound too good, I hope it eases up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found some friends to hang around with!! I'm at the gym in the mornings and most everyone is my age or older and it's nice!

    ReplyDelete