Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Wednesday 10 January 2018

running out of time....

well what can I say? It's still stinking hot! Great for hanging washing outside everyday. We did just replace the 15 year old clothes drier (on sale, but really I am such a frugal user of it, so we didn't even look at a very energy efficient model. Even in winter it would only get used 2-3 times a month but with the storm last week it did get used twice in a week. I would detest not being able to hang laundry outside!).

It's kinda been a finish all the things week - I only have 12 days until university supposedly starts (*still* waiting for confirmation of degree being completed, although Univ. of Auckland tell me to just turn up on day one - I've been to see them in person as with still being un-conditional I know zero!) and I'm thinking "have I done all I wanted to do in my time off?".

(^^ I'm now starting to get very mad with my original university as Univ. of Auckland have bought me to a halt - I can't even enrol in classes due to no final transcript and I found out some classes are already full - they will open more - but I may not get my choice of a timetable and also may get charged late enrolment fees when nothing is my fault at all. I'm now ringing the university every day!)

The middle child went to Vietnam yesterday morning with about 20 other students on a year 12/13 History trip. That will be the most incredible adventure! It was a rush around buying a few new wardrobe items - it's when I realise how little shopping I do a year for teens now - only 1-2 shops a year for both clothing and shoes! That's pretty good. He gets his year 11 NCEA (NZ's stupid school system in years 11/12/13) results while he is away, so I had to beg for his password - ha.

The eldest has gone done south on his first ever road trip with mates - we've such a high road toll at the moment, it kinda freaks me out.

I've been writing letters, clearing surfaces, doing wardrobe culls - basically sorting anything that has hung around for (sometimes years!) a while that has needed to be sorted. Pity we haven't yet gotten to the internal painting or wallpapering which has not been done for 15 years or so.... perfect weather for it too.

There has been knitting of the beeswax scarf and polygon blanket. Ordering of our favourite samosas made to order. School stationery purchased (really cheap apart from the $110 graphic calculator that can wait until one has had a maths class).

Strawberry picking yesterday - hot work and back killing! But 8kg (17 pounds) of strawberries in my deep freeze now!







No comments:

Post a Comment