Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Wednesday 12 September 2018

I got a job for 2019 !!!

I saw my dream job/school advertised on Friday morning; flicked in an application within half an hour of the job appearing; had a phone call from the principal on Monday afternoon; a just over an hour interview this morning; then 10 minutes later a job offer!

I am SO SUPER< SUPER< SUPER happy!!! I'll be teaching a classroom of either year 1, 2 or 3 children! I'm blown away by the school and the opportunities! It's in a low socio-economic area, with a 4-5 year ERO cycle (Ministry of Education checks up on schools every 1-4/5 years depending on their circumstances - 4-5 year cycle is exceptional! It's like the UK Ofsted), huge vege gardens, orchard, a bike trail and many bikes at the school (many children do not have these at home), huge community involvement etc! And in my own classroom - not a modern learning environment.

And (cue hysterical laughter from all my librarian friends), the school is just around the corner from the Scholastic shop. So I , OF COURSE, had to go and do a celebratory shop for my future students. It is awesome knowing a general year level that I will be teaching now!






12 comments:

  1. Really pleased for you. All your hard work has paid off. B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It was obviously meant to be.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kimberley, I am very happy for you! You have worked so hard, it is well deserved.

    I am surprised that the recruitment process for your post was so smooth and informal.... I have been spending months now to get a lecturer on a reasonable contract and although he has been working with us for over a year, the post had to be re-advertised, a shortlist of suitable candidates had to be drawn up and now we have to interview. We are starting teaching tonight and nothing is in place.... rant over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are multiple positions going at this school and they are open till Oct 31! We have a major shortage of teachers here and the ones leaving this school are moving out of Auckland as it is unaffordable on a teacher salary or are on maternity leave. So this school is interviewing if suitable applicants coming up and offering jobs fast, so they do get staff! I have no idea if others applied or even exactly how many positions are going. Each school makes it own decisions on who to employ/interview/how the process runs for their school. I know other schools with long closing dates, but they are waiting until the end to then make a shortlist! It's a long time to wait (sometimes 6-8 weeks time). I'm so excited! I was interviewed by principal and deputy principal.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Kimberley, well deserved after all your hard work. And though you say there is still more hard work to do, you at least have peace of mind that you have a job at the end.
    You are really lucky that you have found something so suitable, many don't. Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Kimberley, congratulations on the position! All the best for your studies to come before the end of the year, the end is in sight now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy for you. It very satisfying when you feel wanted and appreciated too. I'm sure you'll do well

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so happy for you!! congratulations! all that hard work has paid off :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, that's such great news. It will give you that extra push now with your studies (not that you need it, I know how hard you work), now that you know there's such a great job waiting at the end of it all. Hope that maths exam went well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new post Kimberley..... it really sounds wonderful!!! How exciting!! It is so true hard work pays off!

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete