Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Wind down knitting

Last week of any school term from a library point of view can be manic. I wind down at home by knitting!

Finished in 4 days after school was this sweet little cardigan called "Cardigan Rose". I knitted it in a gorgeous 100% New Zealand merino wool which I picked up a few months ago at the Knit World sale for $4 a ball. This 18 month size took only 2.5 balls! A nice simple knit. Destined for a niece.
I found some of my childhood coat hangers too which my mum had knitted the covers for many many years ago.

I finished the orange sock (Another NZ wool - Waikiwi 4 ply - one of their new colours) from the heel up in the next 3 days!

And then started in Christchurch the next multi coloured brownish wool sock and finished that last night! On a roll!

The next sock has already been cast on , as has a Waikiwi Shawlette which I am knitting in some gorgeous Zelanda Kauri merino/ possum and mulberry silk wool which I bought in Christchurch over the weekend.

I do need to knit another dish cloth for a NZ swap too.

It isn't all just knitting , as the boys and I have been kayaking around Auckland Harbour this afternoon in stunning spring weather. Much like summer really.

But I do get a load of down time during the school holidays , so I'll just keep on knitting!






No comments:

Post a Comment