Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Blobbing

I'm lazy. I've done little today apart from 6 loads of laundry which took forever and then read this from front cover to back..


If you have a teenager from 11-12 years who hates reading, I highly recommend it! (particularly boys)*I did pull this series out of the school library a few years back as felt the content was too much for my cohort of students. I might start reading aloud and see how we go*
I'm tag team reading them at the moment with my youngest - he is not a reader, but has been totally engrossed in this series. (and got into trouble for reading at the past weekend's scout camp, when he should have been helping with stuff - a secretly pleased mother here when I heard that!)

So far

clear out boys' clothing
buy mattress for a kid
write 5 letters
essay (started and made huge progress)
clear out kitchen
clear out bathrooms
garden path swept (ha - well I did, but pile still there to put in compost!!)
plant more winter veges
clear out my wardrobe  (including many pairs of shoes!)
visit aunt/cousin for a few days
ironing pile to zero (ha - who am I kidding!)
sort books out for school
visit bookshops for school
catch up with 3 friends (2 down)
read 2 books (1 done)
knit (oh YES and mastered 2-at-once socks once again after having done no work on them for weeks!)


And it has been simple things like book buying ($ 1.00 books for many friends and school!) and piles more since!
 visits to the American shop buying Kool-Aid to dye wool and silly stationery which makes me smile!
 tiny square knitting (should really join together as I knit!

 essay writing ( I s-p-r-e-a-d out!)
 glorious days (so much laundry done and I am STILL in shorts and tees most days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

 the winter veges have gone vrompf! (and marigolds etc)
 a Chelsea bun (although I could only manage half due to sweetness!)

Five more days to blitz that essay!!!


3 comments:

  1. The weather can't make its mind up here either. Today is decidedly grey and chilly but yesterday was hot and sunny. I just go with the flow because what else can you do?
    Looks like you are balancing the holidays well with chores and a bit of doing nothing at all. SOunds perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing well with the list, Kimberley and the laundry! Xx

    ReplyDelete