Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Monday 16 January 2017

Strawberrying

I woke up today and on impulse decided to go strawberry picking! Our days are blank mostly, with few plans made, and when they are, it is usually doing things on impulse. They are truly lazy days - most people I know are away (including half of this family!), so a lot of time is spent by oneself or with the youngest.

It was fantastic and oh my - such amazing strawberries - far superior to any supermarket ones!










Then we came home and made strawberry jam! I have not eaten a lot of jam since I had my tonsils out 4 years ago, so I am hoping my likeness of it has returned!! 3kg has been frozen for further yumi-ness! We went to Garelja Brothers at 83 Old North Road in Kumeu. It was free picking and $6.50 a kg, which I think is amazing! A fabulous way to spend a couple of hours. I'll be going back!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy jam. It would taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!!! I am sure that this strawberry jam has to tempt you to enjoy it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look wonderful! We have to wait until May! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete