Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Saturday, 15 April 2017

Good night(ie)

Joining in with Sew, Stitch, Snap, Share


A bit of sewing these past two days. Sewing, like knitting for me, is making things I really don't need, but I enjoy it! Since I'm on a mission to sew or knit my wardrobe and I love fabric and wool, I keep on going...

I'd never sewn a nightie before and like this multi use pattern a lot - Simplicity 1561 (Pattern Postie has Simplicity and other patterns half price at the moment!).

I did struggle with the placement of the sleeve going in (engineer husband to the rescue!), but otherwise it was a good straight forward sew!

The spotty one first...




And then the gorgeous organic cotton Cloud 9 fabric next (funny thing is I chose this fabric; got home and opened my big bin of fabric from under the bed... and found 2 more metres of it! I'll probably make a skirt with the other fabric)




I know its autumn, but I'm still in t-shirts and shorts and summer nighties! 




4 comments:

  1. beautiful dresses! We are approaching spring so that kind of style is perfect for here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice and comfy. Great for sitting and sewing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nighties are lovely, a really like the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the second fabric, I still have a large amount of left from a quilt backing, might have to see if there is enough for a summer top.
    Thanks for linking up to Sew,Stitch, Snap, Share.

    ReplyDelete