Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Thursday 19 October 2017

It's like being on a Pacific Island but we're not...

I'm so HAPPY tonight - New Zealand has just ended up with a liberal (Labour with NZ First and Greens) government. We're bucking the trend of the rest of the world! 
National got higher votes as a party in the election, but more people voted for change.
We have to change - we can't continue with $1million being the average price of a house in Auckland, families living in cars, poverty getting worse, the school system failing 20-30 percent of students, low wages, some of the highest food prices in the world etc etc

Let me show you Mangere Town Centre. This was my local shopping centre close to my old school. It's in an area which is one of the poorest in the country. It's a total gem. It's like being in the Pacific Islands, with island food, clothing, culture and people day in day out.

Great clearance prices at the supermarket. Awesome fresh fish and veges. Incredible sushi.
It's always fun to go up at lunchtime, where community exercise is taking part.
The library is ace!

It's not a place where (let me be frank) white people really go, but the Pasifika people are genuine and fun. The school kids love seeing me in the supermarket!
I'll pop in there still.

















Here's a few more of me at school before I left.








No comments:

Post a Comment