Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 4 December 2012

It's my birthday!

It was my birthday on Sunday. A lovely quiet day with family and a friend.
We had a brunch over the road at a new cafe called Crate on Morningside Drive just down from the Evil Empire (that would be the Westfield Shopping Centre St Lukes). Good food and so family friendly with swing ball, tennis, pétanque etc all out on the grass for children to run around.
Fantastic! I sat there with my sock knitting! :) Boys love eating out at brunch.
The lovely husband took me to the Evil Empire and I bought a gorgeous pair of Karen Walker star earrings and a fab linen dress from Jacquie E. I was also lucky enough to get a very cool "Don" chair which is a mid century chair made right here in good old NZ. We now have 3 of these. This one now sits in my bedroom corner with knitting and cross stitch on one side and writing paper , magazines and books on the other! And my lovely grandmother's old writing desk next to it too.
The chair has been beautifully renovated and the seller has enough fabric left so that we can cover another one to match (even if in different rooms) and she will even sprucing up for us too.

And the husband cooked me a sponge cake!! I was so impressed - I do not remember any time he has ever baked for me before - it was perfect! He is so good to me and spoils me! :)






















2 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday, looks like everyone got to enjoy your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday. I've just returned home from Western Australia and catching up with blog land. When I got home your lovely Xmas Cracker swap parcel was waiting for me. Oh my, what a beautiful package full of gorgeous things. Thank you so much. I'll be get to doing a post on it soon.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete