Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Friday 9 May 2014

Grumpy over chocolate

I'm grumpy. Well a bit annoyed at conflicting messages. A school fundraiser for general funds to buy whatever. But it is chocolate. Hate it. Hate schools fundraising with it. They force heathly eating into students , then send chocolate home for them to sell?
Not in this house. It isn't leaving the school. I'm writing to the powers that be and telling them why.
First time ever in 12 years at that school. I hope a few other parents join in, as I know a few are not happy. I think I will donate the money to Hospice NZ in memory of my lovely ex-principal instead.
(and I know all about school fundraising and how schools always need money. I am on said school BOT and know finances in and out and I also know it all where I work. Where I work, we get very, very little from parents being a decile one school. Hence why we need every single extra cent we get from the government). But chocolate? No.

2 comments:

  1. It's such a difficult one isn't it !! Our school is about to go up a decile which means we LOSE government funding ;( how we are to find that magic extra amount I have no idea ... We've just introduced subway day - we forecast it will make $5,000 a year

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is terrible when a school loses funding. It, will sadly, come down to parents forking out more. As a MOE worker and a BOT member , education is killing me. Children do not seem to be the priority in so may ways.

    ReplyDelete