Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Friday 12 October 2012

Simpler living

I have spent some of these school hols cleaning and clearing out my house. This does seem to happen every hols, as we fluff our way through each term full on with work , study, outside commitments and half asleep and over worked!
I measured the family yesterday and was stunned that 2 of them have grown 10 cm in 9 months! It is not surprising then that I continually seem to be clothes buying for them every few
months.
All the cleared out clothes end up at my school going to several families that can use them. Actually lots goes into school - classrooms can always use more books, toys, games etc.
I am trying my hardest to shop consciously and not buy un- necessary items! Books and writing paper and wool still seem to find their way into the house though.,,
Yesterday I discovered the wonders of using baking soda and white vinegar to clean!
White vinegar on a rag and then wiped onto windows and then cleaned with newspaper gives sparkly clean windows!
Baking soda and vinegar in the toilet bowl works wonders too plus in the shower! Never again will money be wasted on commercial window cleaners, shower cleaners or janola! Two so very cheap items! And cleaner for the environment too!

Any helpful hints for me re cleaning? House organization ??

No comments:

Post a Comment