Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Sunday 19 October 2014

gorgeous things

We have ordered a couple of new side tables for our bedroom -

http://www.freedomfurniture.co.nz/furniture/living/side-tables/23373143/piccadilly-side-table/

I am already in love with them, without them even being in the house! We have the matching hallway table and I am eyeing up the dining room table too... I also would love a new couch as well.... we have not bought a lot of furniture over the years, having being gifted quite a bit, so I am spoiling myself a bit. I think we may call the couch my birthday and Christmas present combined. (my birthday is early December.)

I have a lovely friend who sells THIS gorgeous stationery via Phoenix Trading. I have been buying it for many, many years, as my sister-in-law used to sell it too when she lived in England. I find it so hard to find reasonably priced stationery in NZ. I adore their Christmas range especially and am sure I own their entire collection of flat postcards. I've bought a few card sets for Christmas already. The little notebooks are so cute and will be perfect for penfriends as a small gift.



I found the most grooviest shop in Rotorua - Portico Gallery. They had a divine window filled with Orla Kiely items- big swoon and a big "shall I, shan't I" moment. I even went back the next day.... It all stayed there, as several friends and I have decided we will do a mail order from England closer to Christmas and split the mail cost. The cost of things is so much cheaper from England,even with postage... I did buy this divine 2015 diary though.... The pages inside are wow! (camera playing up with size of images and i can't remember how to switch...)


And I have been beavering away on my London cross stitch. I like the idea of framing in a hoop, but I worry about dust etc and fly marks.... anyone framed any stitching in a hoop before?






2 comments:

  1. Lovely diary! I always love choosing my diary for the year ahead X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Phoenix Cards range too. I treat myself to one of their advent items each year. Just catching up on my blog reading after a busy week or two... lambs!

    ReplyDelete