Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Monday 18 January 2016

I'm back

We arrived back from Hong Kong this afternoon. I'm not sure whether I am on Hong Kong time, Brisbane time or New Zealand time yet... HK is 5 hours behind us, so we were going to bed at NZ time 5am and waking up at 12-2pm NZ time... one kid has already fallen asleep hours ago. It is a bit scary as the school year for him starts this Thursday... I'm not sure how awake he will be or whether he will stay awake for the entire school day..

What an incredible week we have had! SO many people! Travel on trains, buses, ferries, ding-dings (trams) around the city. A never ending list of things to do. see, experience, taste...

And in the middle of that the news that the kid in year 12 received high enough marks in his AS level exams (his NZ school follows the UK Cambridge system) for university entrance a year early! it is more than likely he will go back though and do year 13 and get 40 more points (or ONE D grade needed!!) to do a co-joint degree in 2017. He will only do 3 subjects this year too. He could leave school now and tootle off and do a B.Com... We are staggered at this and was not expecting this. I danced around Hong Kong.

There was shopping... I'll just post a few pics of the view from The Peak before I face plant my laptop through trying to stay awake. Such a densely packed city - we are big city people and thrive on the manic-ness. I did miss green grass though and would miss hanging laundry outside...

Oh and the second glove was finished at 3 or 4 am this morning somewhere between Hong Kong and Brisbane, Australia.















6 comments:

  1. beautiful photos and I'm glad you are back filled with wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, I'm glad you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hong Kong is great, isn't it! Glad you had fun, and good news on the exam results for your son! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great time! Congratulations to your son, how wonderful is that!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be so proudly and rightly so...HK looks amazing...hope you bought lots, sure you did !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a good rest after all that travelling and then I
    hope you find the right time. lol
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete