Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 20 December 2016

time on my hands!

46 days! I've 46 days of free time! I've the 18 year old working crazy hours; a 15 year old has taken himself off to tramp with the venturers (older scouts) for 5 days (then one night to wash half his wardrobe to be packed in a bin for the NZ Scout Jamboree ready for the next day to be shipped down south!); and the 13 year old is kicking around the house with me.


My Dad was medi-vacced (ie flown in a medical plane) from down south up here a few days ago. He probably should NOT have left town, but you can't tell that to a stubborn 70 something year old! We have no idea if he'll be home for Christmas or not.


But the 46 days... the days so far have involved breaking my glasses (and I so do NOT want to spend $1100 ( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!) on a new pair...) -  they are being welded at the moment and I'm half blind in old frames... and then generally reading two great books in the first 4 days of my holidays ; and scrapbooking! Plus a bit of Christmas shopping - still not finished; I'm in no rush!!


Luckily the weather has been grand, and those of us who are still around, eat outside on the deck!


Think I had better go and tidy the scrapbooking table - oh it is so good to sort and scrapbook 18 months of photos !!








4 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about your Dad and I hope he is on the mend very soon, enjoy your scrapbooking and your 46 days of freedom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well wishes for your dad... I'd love to see some of your scrap booking pages..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy this time you've got off, you've earned it. Sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your Dad will be OK, hope you enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete