Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Tuesday 5 September 2017

2017 socks

I like Tuesdays. My university day, but these past two weeks have been uni hols, so I've also been trying to catch up on notes (doing okay too!). Today I got 4 loads of laundry dry and talked to the garden :)

Then I found a pile of socks I'd knitted the past few months and f-i-n-a-l-l-y sewed the ends in!

 Yes I do have tiny feet (a 3.5 UK / size 36 euro) .
 left to right - Meraki sock wool; Waikiwi with green oddments; Drops wool (2 colours striped)
left to right - Stray Cats wool; Drops oddments with a non-label grey.

Then I found these un-finished... I have no idea what year they were even started...

 I've just un-ravelled this an started again as I knit a lot tighter now...
 The wool on the left is from Oamaru - I knitted the other one centuries ago, but have no idea where it is, so will un-ravel this too and use the wool as toes/heels etc; the gold one is a Tin Can Knits pattern, but no idea what the wool is...
And this is my first ever toe up (which i HATED!) with gorgeous Vintage Purls wool and an after heel (which I've also never done before...).

Plenty to do in 3.5 weeks time, but with only 15 days of actual work left.... I've knitted quite a few more pairs for workmates over this winter too! A few more pairs for a few more fabulous teachers to go yet...

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you get so many Knitted. I just love mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of socks! I am slow with sock knitting, my attention span is that of a fruit fly at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you got a lot of socks there :) I think you should knit more! Seriously though, I love knitting socks but haven't lately. I probably should. I like cuff down best on dpns.

    ReplyDelete