Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Saturday 25 February 2017

Hooray it's Friday

Well it was Friday yesterday - I ditched this and went out for dinner.


I know, I know I had no school yesterday, but I'm still happy it is Friday!
My Thursdays will become my mental health day I think! I'm finding work exhausting and frustrating and the traffic alone to get there these days is just draining. I can't catch public transport as it would take 3-4 seperate journeys and possibly 2-3 hours to get there! I'm not prepared to do that for my job! There are zero jobs out there for me to apply for either and really, I just think I'd quit this city if I left. A small issue of the teens being pulled out of NZ's biggest city and the trauma it really would cause...


I've had enough trauma - a kid time-tabled wrong at school (by the school) and two weeks into the term being asked to totally change his entire timetable, subject teachers and class mates for every single class if he wanted to stay in the drama academy. There was drama I tell you with the kid telling the school that he wasn't moving and that they needed to sort it out as he was still going to do drama too. The school was very good about it, but it didn't go the kid's way and he moved classes with some trauma...


University starts next week, but I'm already well on my way with everything being on line for a month now.


I've new glasses. I've also new contact lenses for the first time in over 10 years. I find it a bit hard to believe that I just throw them away after one wear... and I hated taking them out last night.


We should just sit and think about the sums of money that have just disappeared in the last month...
Glasses $1200 (contacts are trials, so I haven't even paid for those yet); my university fees are $2000; school uniform $500; stupid compolsury i-pad for school $450; school stationery $70; school fees $800 (this is a "free" government school); new coffee machine $600 (the one and only vice for my husband is real coffee in the morning); doctor visit for a rash for me $150.... My head and wallet is reeling.... I just don't know how the average family lives in NZ anymore. There are zero living costs in this amount... apart from $450 for part of the school fees that can be claimed back via tax, the rest (well not the coffee machine!) one couldn't avoid... The eldest has to pay $4000 for university fees next week too. I'm grateful he has a job and can pay those himself!


Anyway, it's the weekend with 2 family events I'd rather just stay home, a mountain of laundry to do, other tips everywhere - it'll jsut have to build up for the next week to grow bigger. Somewhere I need to carve out pages of notes for essays too - i have to get a big headstart with work brain deadness at night and tiredness... do it while I've some energy!

2 comments:

  1. I'd be in tears spending all that money in one go. There would be a parent revolt if we were required to buy an iPad for school! I hope you get some time to chill out this weekend, it sounds like you need it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Kimberley when it rains it pours as the saying goes.
    Take a deep breath and count to ten....... and don't forget to breathe out :-)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete