Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Friday 16 June 2017

Christchurch
















































Oh these photos were taken so long ago to me - two months ago in the last school holidays and we've now only got 3 more weeks till the next school holidays!
I did this trip to Christchurch to catch up with a good mate April. We also did a little road trip through Ashburton, Temuka and Timaru - all new to me towns.
But these photos are of Christchurch - still a massive construction zone after the February 2011 earthquake. I still struggle making any sense, whatsoever, of where I am in the city bit - nothing connects to me at all and I got totally lost, even if there is not much there still.
The Cathedral is still in ruins - I think a final decision on the way forward (or maybe it will be bowled??) will be made later this year. Businesses and shops etc are slowly opening again. There is definite progress. It is probably because I didn't know the city hugely well before might be the reason i struggle to map out where I am...
It must be exciting being in a city which will be virtually re-built and seeing all the amazing architecture going up!

No comments:

Post a Comment