Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Saturday 2 January 2016

Send us your Country Swap 2016 edition

Send us your Country Swap 2016


Happy New Year everyone. Without further ado, I announce, earlier than usual, the 2106 "Send us Your Country Swap".

New Zealand celebrates our national day every February 6 - Waitangi Day. Waitangi Day is based on our founding document/ Treaty signed on that date in 1840.

It means a lot of different things to different people - can be contentious and I don't think we are that patriotic after spending several Australia Days in Australia. (that blew me away both times!)
 
Let's have a swap based on the country we live in. The aim is to send 5 things that symbolise the country you live in / were born in.
Some ideas include-
Something to eat 
something hand made by you that represents your country
a tourist nick nack like a fridge magnet, keyring
a stationery item ie notecards,postcards, a pen, pencils
a souvenir tea towel
an item made in your country (ie a book written by a local author, wool, kitchen items - craft fairs are good for this. Is there a designer that has little things? ie Cath Kidston etc...)
Sign up is by February 7 (a long lead time). I will post the swap partners on the weekend of February 13-14. It is up to you to contact your partner and exchange addresses and likes or dislikes (ie you may not want another tea towel, or you dislike chocolate etc).
 
Please make sure you can be contacted via your blog.
 
Swaps are to be sent by March 19. That should give everyone enough time to get organised!
Open worldwide.
 
Please leave me a comment if interested and state if you are happy to post internationally or only in your home country. ( I will do my absolute best with this).

Have fun!


This gives you an idea of what I sent to my partner last year...


http://www.creativechaosnz.blogspot.co.nz/2015/03/send-us-your-country-swap-part-two.html


And the fab items that were sent to me...
http://creativechaosnz.blogspot.co.nz/2015/03/send-us-your-country-blog-swap.html

22 comments:

  1. Oh yes please, I'd love to be signed up for it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sorry, I won't be joking in this time.... But I will be watching... Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me Kimberley yes please..will post anywhere.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in Kimberley happy to post worldwide. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I was going to cut down on swaps ....but go on then x lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only just found your page but would love to join in . I'm a Brit living in Auckland NZ so who knows there maybe a mash up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and since I live at the post office sending things home, international is fine by me :-)

      Delete
  7. Oh that sounds like heaps of fun to do a swap.
    I would love to join in the fun. Love you little kiwi.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...yes I'd love to do the international swap
      thanks.
      Cheers, Anita.

      Delete
  8. forgot to say .. happy to post internationally x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Kimberley
    Please count me in too - this sounds fun! I'm happy to send internationally.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes please Kimberley, happy to post worldwide x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to join in again this year. Happy to send international, No blog. lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to join in please! What a lovely idea for a swap and it's already getting my crafting mojo woken up a bit... now off to start jotting ideas in my notebook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops; forgot to say happy post internationally!

      Delete
  13. I would love to join in please! What a lovely idea for a swap and it's already getting my crafting mojo woken up a bit... now off to start jotting ideas in my notebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It would be so cool to sign up too... Please count me in too!
    Thanks, Edit from Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic idea! I'd love to join in! I will post anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, go on then!! Please could I post within Europe? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to take part please and I'm happy to post internationally :-) This will be my first ever swap (still pretty new to the blogging world), very excited! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kimberley, I'd like to join in please...am happy to post to Europe but if it's not possible then no worries, international will be OK :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Could you please email me about the country swap
    please sweetness.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete